Monday, July 16, 2012

My 100th Post

I just realized this is my 100th post, so it needs to be pretty special!  Over the last year I have shared my heart with you in hopes that you will want to reach out to a powerful community of people that will truly touch your life.

I want to share the 100 people that have touched my life and the lessons they have graciously taught me.  Here are the first 50!

1.  Dad (dyslexia and cancer) taught me that you can still do what you need to; it just might have to
     be done in a different way
2.  Mom (cancer, diabetes, Gion Barre) taught me how to be a survivor
3.  Helen (deaf and blind) taught me that you can overcome any challenge
4.  Joni (quadriplegic) taught me how to use your greatest "weakness" for God's glory
5.  Grandma Gossom (cancer of larynx) taught me how to love even when others react with
      fear
6.   Brother Larry (dyslexia, cerebral palsy, renal cancer) taught me to keep the faith
     even during your toughest challenges
7.  Tim (epilepsy) taught me to focus on the well being of others rather than the challenges of your
      day
8.  Trisha (blessed with eternal youth) taught me how to hug with sincerity :)
9.  Julia taught me that joy can be a lot of purpose for a young lady
10.  Ralph (blind) taught me how powerfully he can pray
11.  Kim (CP, autism, epilepsy) taught me that a great poet and artist could be missed if no one takes
       the time to display the talent
12.  Hilary (blessed with eternal youth) taught me how to laugh and do whatever God asks
13.  Vika taught me that someone can be handicapped but I could be the one that disables them
14.  Katie (cerebral palsy) taught me to give people tools, not road blocks
15.  Abbi (autism)  taught me to greet everyone with a gentle touch
16.  Gracie (stroke victim) taught me that your dreams can come true
17.  Hellen (mental illness) taught me to share your talents whenever and wherever you can
18.  Brother-in-law Jim (Type I diabetes) taught me how to always smile at life
19.  Clay (traumatic brain injury) taught me to never give up
20.  Joshua (deaf and blind) taught me what worship truly is
21.  Brandon (Angelman's Syndrome) taught me to laugh, really laugh
22.  Colby, (Fragile X) taught me that there is a beautiful picture around every corner
23.  Basil (autism) taught me to slow down and enjoy the moments
24.  Morgan (autism) taught me that brilliance comes in many forms
25.  Jabe (spina bifida) taught me to share all the things you can do rather than focus on the things
       you can't
26.  Nick ("Life Without Limbs") taught me that "confidence in the Lord" is a powerful tool when
       we are willing to use it
27.  Tony (born without arms) taught me to tell your story in hopes that it can change someone's life
28.  Norma (MS) you don't have to be able to walk to walk in grace
29.  Megan (Down Syndrome) taught me that behind every amazing young lady is an amazing
       family
30.  Barbara (dementia) taught me what forgiveness and strength are
31.  Charlie (physical dysmorphic features) taught me that all children long for love, smiles, and to
       be sung to
32.  Jaime (deaf) taught me to keep pursuing your dreams even when the world is discouraging
33.  Rebecca (brain tumor) taught me to give it all to God and expect a miracle!
34.  Sam (deaf) taught me that children love to play no matter what their challenge is
35.  Corey (blessed with eternal youth) taught me that I would have to study the Bible a very long  
       time to know it as well as she does
36.  "Michael" (schizophrenic) showed me what a beautiful person he is  
37.  Bryce (autism) taught me to be willing to enter his world first and then he would come into
       mine
38.  Nathan (autism, cerebral palsy) taught me that sometimes you have to listen with your heart
       and not just your ears
39.  Joan (wheelchair bound) taught me to greet everyone with a smile
40.  Joanne (wheelchair bound) taught me that you can always serve, no matter how many
       physical challenges you have
41.  Russell (autism) taught me to laugh and have a great time :)
42. David (Parkinson's) taught me to let God use whatever challenge you have for His glory
43.  Frances (stroke) taught me to work hard and do whatever it takes to recover
44.  Great-Grandpa Moser (old age of 106) taught me to work hard as long as you can
45.  Cameron (cerebral palsy) taught me how to improve my communication skills so I
       wouldn't miss anything
46.  Beverly (quadriplegic) taught me to always look for God's perspective
47.  Riley (autism)  there are not enough words to express what he has taught me.  ENJOY LIFE!
48.  Jimmie (Down Syndrome)  I never met him, but I can see the wonderful impact he made on    
       world by having met his sister
49.  Emma taught me how important it is for everyone to serve and use the gifts God has given            
       them, otherwise, we miss out on way too much
50.  Kim (breast cancer survivor) taught me how to be honest about the journey, how to rely on
       God, and to make the road easier for someone else by sharing your story

4 comments:

  1. Amazing group of people GOD chose for His teaching team to bring Him Glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely true! I love how you said that. I have had one amazing teaching team!!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for including me on your list...I am humbled and honored! Blessings to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love who you are! What a gracious woman of God you are!

      Delete