Sunday, October 14, 2012

What Is God Asking You To Do?

I am currently rereading one of my favorite books that has had the most impact on my life, besides the Bible.  It is Experiencing God, by Henry and Richard Blackaby.  The first time I read it, it helped me to look back over my life and see what God had prepared for me to do.  This time, I am reading it in light of what He has prepared for me to do...special needs ministry.

In the preface it says, "From that point on I no longer attempted to set the agenda for my life.  My only goal was to do God's will, whatever that might be."  Later is says, "I also discovered that every time God told me to do something - no matter how difficult it might appear - He always enabled me to accomplish what He asked."  When my father died ten years ago I promised God then that I would do whatever He asked me to do.  He has had me do some interesting things over the last ten years, but I have to say it has been an incredible experience and yes, He has always enabled me to accomplish what He asked.  

I know some of you that follow my blog are afraid of starting a special needs ministry for a variety of reasons.  Maybe you feel unequipped or too busy or afraid.  My husband and I were too, but we have changed so much from this experience.  It is such a blessing to follow God in His will!

In the Introduction, Blackaby shares, "As you relate to Him, God will invite you to join in His activity where He is already at work.  When you obey what God tells you, He will accomplish through you things only He can do.  As the Lord works in and through your life, you will come to know Him ever more closely."

If you are reading my blog, you probably have some connection to someone with a disability.  In light of ministry and the special needs community,
  • What has God prepared you to do?
  • What is God asking you to do?
  • How do you think God will equip you?
For Bill and I... God has given us training experience here in Austin.  He is asking us to reach out to cities in other states that are desiring training.  God has not given us the whole plan, but He is giving us direction on a daily basis.  He is equipping us by reminding us that we need to look to Him and trust Him on a daily basis.  Every experience He gives us equips us for the next step.


No comments:

Post a Comment