Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Am I Self-Centered or God-Centered?

      Sometimes in ministry the line can get blurry....are we serving in ministry on our own or because we are focused on God?  We desire to help people, extend love and grace to them, and welcome them into the church.  We can fall into a trap of feeling like it is the right thing to do, rather than have the same kind of unconditional love that Christ does.
     I think the true test for me is found in I Corinthians 13:4-7,


 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

These verses are a test as we serve in ministry.  When I go to serve on a Sunday morning, are all of these things true in my heart?



No comments:

Post a Comment