Saturday, June 27, 2015

A Super Hero Day!

Joni Eareckson Tada is one of my heroes.  I first became familiar with her when I was a teenager and God has blessed me with the opportunity to be in her presence every ten years since then.  I have been blessed to see her graciousness firsthand, to marvel over her giftedness, and listen to her perspectives on God, people, and those affected by disabilities.

I was blessed by one comment in particular that she shared today.  "Own your weakness."  For me, it has taken forty years to understand that God's power and strength can be revealed through our weaknesses.  For me, when I personally own my weakness it is then that God can do amazing things.

Joni also blessed me today by hearing her talk about her love for Christ and her sweet relationship with Him.  If you are not familiar with Joni and her ministry, I highly encourage you to spend some time on her website and reading her devotionals and books.  http://joniandfriends.org.

Thank you for a special day today, Joni.  I hope to see you sooner, but if not, I will see you in my 60's!


No comments:

Post a Comment