Thursday, June 30, 2016

Retirement

It has been a little over a month since I packed up my classroom and home for the last 11 years.  It was especially hard when I dropped by the school and saw that "The Castle Classroom" no longer exists.

Whenever I run into an old friend the first question is usually, "So, how is retirement?"  For the most part, it is wonderful!  Oh I can cry a river if I stop to think about all of the amazing kids I will miss and that I will no longer be my granddaughter's teacher.  The vacuum left in my social life is rather troubling I must say.  I have however, loved traveling to Denver, playing with my grandchildren, welcoming a new grandchild, and being able to keep my house a little cleaner.

I have also loved spending more time with God and asking more questions about what His plans are for me.  When I think about all the adventures God has sent me on in the past and the ones I can imagine for the future, it gives me shivers.  I love imagining with God.  I love trusting Him with the future because there have been times that I haven't.  I love learning new things and I love sharing my passion for such an important group of people.

Retirement...well, the very definition requires that I cease working and that is definitely not part of my plans.  God started laying out exciting opportunities within 24 hours of closing my classroom door.

I would love to walk this journey with you.  I am humbled by the possibilities but also excited about them.  I would love for you to visit our website that I have been spending my creative juices on and have you share what you feel needs to be happening in special needs education and ministry training.  We have a number of events coming up and I would love to be blessed by your ideas!  Visit us at www.gracewithoutmargins.com.  We would love to hear from you!  I will be posting training opportunities in the next couple of weeks so drop by often.

Deana

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update. Would love to get together soon and hear all that is happening in this next phase of your journey. (My social life is lacking since school is out too. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss seeing you, Kathy! We do need to get together and catch up! I will be in touch. I hope the move went well!

    ReplyDelete