Monday, June 19, 2017

By The End, I Loved It!

Today I finished reading, my grandmother asked me to tell you she's sorry by Fredrik Backman.  It wasn't just a story; it was an experience.  I was left with the feeling, "Wow!  What just happened?"

Much like life, it started with too many characters and too many elements.  Being a big picture person most of my life, I found the details overwhelming.  But by the end of the book, I absolutely loved it!

I put the book down several times because it was too different from me.  It was too much for me.  But I am not a quitter.  I wanted to find the beauty in the story.  I walked through a third of the book and then...I was swept up in the magic, the beauty, and the purpose and I couldn't put it down.  And once you love a novel, deeply love a novel, it becomes a part of you and it always will be.

I have run across a great many people that are just like this book.  They were too different from me.  There were too many things to try to understand.  But there was always a part of me that wanted to find the magic, the beauty, and the purpose.  I would pick up the person again and listen to the words and all of a sudden I wouldn't be able to put them down again.  I loved them and I loved them deeply.  They became a part of me.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Deana. I like this blogpost because, believe it or not, I am just finishing reading the same book! It is delightful! Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it very captivating! We will have to cover the book while we have breakfast as well!

    ReplyDelete