Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Job's Rule #10: Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish

All of Steve Job's Rules For Success have made me think, but #10 brings me the most JOY!

I love being hungry!  Hungry to do more, learn more, change more, influence more, read more, experience more, erase the margins more.  I love celebrating the changes I have seen in my lifetime, but I don't want to ever stop hungering for more.  We have so many people in the margins and no one belongs there. Are you hungry?  Then give a banquet!

But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed.  Luke 14: 13,14 (NIV)

Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame...Go out to the roads, and country lanes and make them come in, so that my house will be full.  Luke 14:21,23 (NIV)

As for foolish, I have been incredibly foolish the last couple of years and I have loved every minute of it!  Will you be foolish with me?  When you get up tomorrow morning, let go of the reigns and trust God to guide you.  Be "foolish" in the world's eyes and invite the people in the margins into your churches, your homes and your heart.  Love them with the love that Christ has for you.

"Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish"

No comments:

Post a Comment