Sunday, February 11, 2018

A Child's World

As a teacher I have felt as though every child has a secret little world that we should take the time to enter.  Their perceptions, their dreams, and their curiosities hold a treasure worth unlocking.  That is why I love teaching.

I have loved taking courses on education.  I have loved reading books about children.  The best way to learn about children, however, is by sitting on the floor with them, watching them play and listening to their thoughts.

A good friend shared a story with me this morning on Facebook that had another story linked to it.  It was about Iris Grace.  Iris Grace is a little girl affected by autism and she lives in a beautiful world of color and creativity.  Her parents and her friends have found a way to enter her world and what a blessing that has been.  

I have a collection of expressions of art in my home beautifully done by adults and children living with a label but blessed with a powerful gift.  I will be adding some of Iris Grace's artwork to my collection and reading her story.  I wanted to share her gift to the world with you so you can be blessed by it as well.  


Thank you, Iris Grace!  I look forward to having your artwork in my home!


No comments:

Post a Comment