Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Words - Proceed with Caution

I have had a romantic relationship with words for probably ten years now.  I collect them.  I dress them up.  I simplify them.  I take them on outings to see what it is like to be around them.  I add some.  I loose some.  I find out what works best for me.  But most of all, I think about how they affect the people around me.

I must say I fail miserably sometimes.  They often come out of my mouth way too quickly without a thought of how they will be received.

It has saddened me that we are all becoming too sensitive about words but in the last couple of years I have heard stories that have helped me understand why.  When someone finds a word soul-piercing there is usually a reason.  A reason that I would never care to experience.

I must love someone enough to look for words that give hope, that diminish the hurt and extend the possibilities.

Words -
Proceed with caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment