Saturday, October 24, 2015

Tranquility

Since I lived half of my life in Colorado, I have always been a mountain girl.  The beauty of the Rockies is breathtaking and I could look at them for hours.  As a teenager I would drive up Turkey Creek Canyon whenever I needed to get "centered" with God.  The mountains ministered to me in ways that a person never could.  The mountains showed me the majesty of God.

Right now I am looking out my hotel window and enjoying the ocean.  I have only seen the ocean a handful of times and I am completely mesmerized by it.  It displays my understanding of God.  Everything was purposely created by God and it was good.  Everything God created has a cycle and an order.  The birds seem to know exactly where they are going and what they are doing and yes, all of their needs are met.

As the waves roll in I am once again "centered" and feel the tranquility God loves for us to enjoy.  There is such power in every wave that rolls in and I know those waves can render tremendous force should the ocean become angry.  God has a gentle and calming side but He also has a side that chastens and disciplines when it is needed.  Every movement of God has a plan and a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment