Sunday, February 5, 2017

Checklists, Goals, and Bucket Lists

One of my gifts for Christmas this year was a little brown book titled, "My Ultimate Bucket List."  I love making lists, setting goals, and adding to my bucket list every year.  In fact, it is the first thing I do every January. I always have my lists checked off, I usually have reached my goals from the year before, but most often it takes years before I scratch something off my bucket list.

Last week, however, I was able to scratch something off my bucket list that I will treasure for years to come.  I was able to visit the International Disability Center and actually meet the very people I have looked up to for years at Joni and Friends.  My visit and my time with them was incredible.  I will post a few pictures but they can't even touch the surface of how powerful the message is the minute you walk in the IDC building.  I will never be able to communicate how much respect I have for the staff at Joni and Friends.  I am just a volunteer and yet was greeted by every staff member and enthusiastically thanked for being part of the ministry.

I met so many great people that love the Lord and the people God puts in their path.  I have never spent time with a group of people that love their neighbor more than they do.  They are humble.  They are excited.  They are full of joy.

I am still on a journey to determine what God is calling me to do for the next 20 years but I couldn't have better people walking this journey with me.  Thank you, Eric Jones! You made this happen and have been a great leader to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment