Thursday, February 9, 2017

The Gift of Mobility


Over the years I have asked a number of friends of mine to tell me what it feels like to be in a wheelchair.  What are the helpful things people do?  What are the things people do that hurt?  How do children respond vs. adults?  I have been grateful for their honesty and the understanding I have learned from them.

I have loved reading about a variety of ministries around the world.  Joni and Friends has a great ministry collecting, refurbishing, and then distributing wheelchairs around the world.  I have heard of several organizations that provide wheelchair kits that can be sent around the world.  There are even all terrain wheelchairs being made to increase mobility in remote areas.  Below I have pasted a link to an article that shares what is happening in terms of technology and its advancements.  3D printers producing wheelchairs, what an accomplishment!

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/24/technology/3d-printed-wheelchair-benjamin-hubert-layer/

Far too often we think about the hinderance of a wheelchair rather than the gift of mobility it provides.  Can you imagine needing the assistance of a wheelchair and all of the activities it would allow you to do if you had one?  With a wheelchair you are able to play sports, be and play outside, attend school, church and numerous other activities.

If you have a wheelchair you can donate and you live in the Austin area, I would love to hear from you.  I will make sure it will be delivered to someone who's life will be blessed. www.theboggi@aim.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment