Sunday, July 9, 2017

God's Encouragements

I don't know about you, but I often get discouraged and wonder if I am really doing what God wants.  I question if I have anything to offer that has any meaning.  Just about the time I get discouraged, however, God always sends me something to get my attention, lift my head, and stay the course.  He has done this several times lately.

Several weeks ago I called a woman that was offering a class and that turned into a wonderful conversation, followed by a meeting at Starbucks which led to reading her books and drawing from her skills as a professional author and speech writer.  Her book, My Father's Eyes by Sheila Allee, added a whole new dimension to my perspectives on people affected by disabilities.

This weekend I was blessed to be at a family reunion and be reminded what love is all about.  I especially loved spending time with some family members affected by autism and experiencing the dynamics of the love between them and their parents.

And this afternoon God blessed me once again by allowing me to meet someone in a restroom of all places.  Because of the t-shirt I was wearing, she asked me about special needs ministry.   It turns out she has a new non-profit ministry for families affected by disabilities.  After talking for a few minutes, we are planning to get together and see how we can support each other.

I am reminded so often that God has all kinds of supports and encouragements ready for me.  I just have to pay attention and look for them.

What encouragements has God sent you lately?  Are you looking for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment