Saturday, July 22, 2017

Rule #1: Lifting the Limits


I have always loved reading autobiographies and biographies.  The more different a person is from me, the more fascinating I find them.  Steve Jobs is one of the people I have always found intriguing.  He was brilliant, successful, and was committed to his dream.  When he gave a speech or presentation he didn't get in his own way.

Even though Steve Jobs and I have a very different belief system, I know there is much to learn from him.  I have read a couple of books about his life and last night I listened to a powerful commencement speech he gave.  He had his struggles in life, but he was always dreaming and taking risks.

Jobs had 10 Rules For Success and the first one was, Don't Live A Limited Life.  As a Christian I love this one.  As soon as I truly gave God the reigns to my life, the adventure became much more exciting!  When I get in my own way, it limits my life.  When I told God fourteen years ago that I would do whatever He asked of me, the limits were lifted.

Next Sunday I am going to visit a place where I let God lift the limits.  I am going to go back to the last church my father served and make a video of his story to be used in a training.  I was there only one time and that was just a few weeks before my father passed away.  I was very uncomfortable speaking in front of people but on that day, my dad needed me.  He was too weak to give his sermon and asked me to stand and share with the congregation about the ministry Bill and I were involved in.
That Sunday was pivotal in giving up a limited life.

Since then God has taken me on an exciting adventure and I have loved it.  Grace Without Margins is part of that adventure.  It has been a walk of faith to launch and develop the ministry, but I am trying to not put limits on it and trust God with its direction and purpose.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us... Ephesians 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment