Wednesday, December 6, 2017

We Need Each Other

Maybe you have noticed a theme in the last several blog posts, we need each other!  I love surrounding myself with people that spur me on in ministry, challenge me, and educate me on people and cultures I am unfamiliar with and simply put, help me grow in wisdom.  If I could give the next generation anything, it would be to give them the desire for knowledge and wisdom from people farther down the road.  It is truly a gift.

I have shared about the women and men in Colorado that have encouraged me in ministry.  While I was in Denver, I was also able to spend some time with new friends and acquaintances at our Grace Without Margins training.  I loved the diversity of the group in terms of perspective.  I met with a pastor, a parent, church ministry volunteers, private school teachers, and public school teachers.  The time together was encouraging for me and I hoped it started a new journey for the participants.  We have had the opportunity to speak in Denver five times now.  I hope it is the start of something beautiful...a community of people wanting to welcome and include children and adults with disabilities in their communities.  

We are looking forward to our next visit to Denver.  We will be presenting on Aging Parents and Loss and the acquired disabilities of aging.  As with parenting and ministry, the more education and tools we have, the more prepared we will be.  We look forward to walking through this topic in the spring.




No comments:

Post a Comment