Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Relaxing In His Timing

           1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from
2 My help comes from the Lord,
       the Maker of heaven and earth.

 Psalm 121:1,2 (NIV)   

Bill and I just returned from a little relaxation in Colorado.  If you know me at all, you know I love to  sit on a mountain and evaluate relationships, life, my walk with God, and ministry.  While I was there I was given great advice from a friend of 31 years.  She encouraged me to relax, enjoy my family, and to let God have His timing on what my next steps are.  It seemed like good advice so I sat back, relaxed and enjoyed!

We enjoyed being in "God's country" again.  The weather was beautiful, we had a beautiful snow our last morning, and we were able to spend time with two of my favorite people, my brother Mark and my sister-in-law, Theresa.  Our biggest decisions for two days were what shoes to wear and what to eat for every meal.  That is what I call a vacation!

It was a great blessing to finally be able to go inside the beautiful chapel at St. Malo in Estes Park.  Bill and I have been there many times since his proposal but we have never been able to go inside until this trip.  It was absolutely beautiful!  I think of it as our special chapel but I am sure it is to many more couples.


Later in the week I had the added blessing of spending time with a friend I made on a trip to Portland a few years ago.    During that trip we had a layover in Denver and a sweet lady sat next to me and shared her story about being in a concentration camp during WWII.  I enjoyed being with her and hearing her perspective on faith, life, politics and our country.  She is now 85 years old and has a wealth of wisdom.  My sister-in-law was with me and she loved her instantly as well.
     
We are back home.  The suitcases are put away, the laundry is done, the pantry is well stocked again.  I am still wondering what God has in mind for me to do next in ministry.  I am ready and willing.  I am just waiting on His timing.
     


In the meantime, I will relax in the relationships God has blessed me with and spend time in prayer.  We serve a great God.  His mercy, His grace, and His compassion amaze me.






                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment