Wednesday, September 19, 2018

The Love Chair

Doodling has been part of my life for many years and when a good friend of mine introduced me to Zentangling, I was ecstatic!  It added sophistication to my otherwise random drawings.  Doodling and Zentangling help me to stay focused, pay attention, and enjoy sitting still.

As I looked for ideas on the internet, I came across shoes, dresses and even furniture that had a variety of writings and drawings on them.  I bought a simple cloth chair and had family and friends draw and write wedding blessings on it for my daughter.  And a few years later I bought a chair for our grandchildren.

I want our grandchildren to feel like their artwork, their letters, and their thoughts are masterpieces in our home.  I have a wall of tiles painted by our grandchildren, accompanied by a 6" x 4" piece of cardboard carefully painted by my two-year-old grandson.  And in the library, resides my sweet Love Chair.  The back of it is covered with drawings and handprints from our grandchildren, as well as examples of English and Spanish by my oldest grandson.  The front of the chair is currently being designed with famous quotes and a beautiful mosaic.  You will probably never see this work of art in a museum or fine arts store, but it will always have a place of honor in our home.

There are hundreds of ways to include people and honor their creativity and talents.  As my grandchildren look back on the memories memorialized on The Love Chair, may they feel empowered to share their creativity with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment