Monday, June 13, 2011

Taking Next Steps

In my last post I mentioned I was at the "Colorado Christian Writer's Conference."  It was such an incredible blessing to even be there.  The parents of my students gave me a gracious gift of money and a plane ticket to attend.  God prepared the way for me in so many aspects and blessed me with some amazing and supportive friends.

When my father passed away eight years ago I made a promise to God that I would do whatever He asked of me, no matter what, even if it meant public speaking.  It has been an incredible ride since that day.  God started off that promise with my being asked to speak twice within the first month but I must say as long as you hold onto God for the ride, it truly is incredible.

My husband and I directed a special needs ministry for 13 years and a year ago we stepped out to pursue God's next steps for us.  We are trying to be available in whatever way we can.  We offer church training in an all day seminar and would also love to visit your church if you need help and encouragement in offering support to families affected by special needs.

For the last year God has laid it on my heart to share our 13 year journey and the mistakes we learned from as well as the blessings.  I am hoping to have the book published and released within the next year. I am so grateful for the ways my life has changed by serving in special needs ministry.  I look forward to sharing our journey with you and I especially look forward to hearing about yours.

Blessings-

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog...and your writting is awesome! Looking forward to watching you walk this journey--and I am so blessed by our meeting at CCWC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all of your encouragement, Kim! As my dad always said, "You have been blessed to be a blessing."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gregory, Jennifer, Jennifer, Kim, Marcia, Jeanette, Kim, Jennifer and Lindly, thank you so much for following me. I look forward to having more time with you!

    ReplyDelete