Sunday, October 30, 2011

Exciting Opportunities

     It has been a wonderfully busy day!  This morning Bill and I were able to thank a church for their continued love and support of children and families affected by special needs.  Only 5% of churches offer special needs ministry so it was exciting to thank them for welcoming all of God's children into the church family.  They have faithfully served for 17 years now!
     This afternoon we were able to attend the initial meeting for a church that desires to start a special needs ministry.  It was exciting to see six people attend with another three that couldn't make it.  What a great start  to getting such a vital ministry off the ground.  They were already planning to offer buddies for two hours and were dreaming about starting an evening of respite for families.
     I love that God lets us share in the celebration of seasoned ministries, as well as the excitement of brand new ones.  Thank you, God, for giving us front row seats to the great things you are doing in the churches in Austin.

3 comments:

  1. This is so exciting my friend! I love having a front seat watching God work through you!! You are a beautiful blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kim. I am excited. I am going to get the children's book published (myself). I just need to take the photographs and I am going to do that this weekend and then send it off to one of the guys I met at the conference for a quote and editing.

    Also, when I was at the "Women of Faith" conference they had a writing contest and it sounds like they get the publishing done for you. Check it out. It would be perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have several great women that would probably write their story for you if you wanted to compile some people's stories and testimonies about their journey....think about it :)

    ReplyDelete