Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Reaching For the Goal

     I have always been motivated by goals and I am always working on one.  I guess I get bored if I am not continually reaching for something higher and for a way to improve myself.  The more time pressure there is the harder I work.  The more I visualize reaching the goal, the more excited I am.
     Last night I had a parent meeting and talked about the unit I will be presenting on special needs.  As I was preparing by reading over my lesson plans, I thought about all of the powerful people I will be sharing with the kids and the amazing goals they have met in their lives, only with great challenges and opposition. I think of Tony Melendez who is a very talented guitarist with no arms.  I think of Joni Eareckson Tada who is president of an international ministry, travels the world, and speaks all around the world who is a quadriplegic.  I think of Helen Keller who was deaf and blind and the enormous impact she made on the world and history.  I think of my friend, Kim, who has become a poet and artist while battling seizures and autism.
     Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by my goals and feel like they are impossible to meet but then I think about one of the power people I mentioned and anything seems possible.  I think the real question to consider is, "Is God calling you to reach the goal?"  If He is, He will equip you.  It is that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment