Monday, June 11, 2012

06-11-12

My first book for the summer, out of my mind, by Sharon Draper, was very moving.  It challenged my thinking and helped me realize how narrow-minded I can be.  As a good friend shared with me, "Not being able to speak is not the same as not having anything to say."   I truly need to work harder on finding ways to communicate, other than just the methods I rely on.

Yesterday I finished my second book for the summer, same kind of different As me, by Ron Hall and Denver Moore.  It is the story of a couple having marital struggles until they started serving in ministry together at a mission for the homeless.  The book shares the story of the incredible friendship that develops between the husband and a man that is homeless.  God revealed the friendship to the wife who continually prayed and watched as God did His thing in all of their lives.  Again, I saw how narrow-minded I can be.

Both of the books revealed God's grace to me.  First of all, the grace He has bestowed on me when there are so many things about people that I just presume to understand.  He helped me to walk in the shoes of a young girl that cannot walk or speak, as well as a man that is a modern-day slave and has the challenge of homelessness.  One thing I love about grace is whenever God reveals to me another way I need to learn about grace, He demonstrates another example of the grace He has given me.


Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
1 Peter 4:9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment