Thursday, May 8, 2014

Don't Miss Who They Are

I just read a quote from Dr. Temple Grandin that I love,

"There needs to be a lot more emphasis on what a child can do instead of what he cannot do."

Dr. Grandin is an amazing woman who happens to have autism.  Thankfully her incredible skills, gifts, and talents were developed and not overlooked.  I encourage you to watch the movie, Temple Grandin.  It will broaden your perspective and understanding of autism.

Bill and I have often been asked to meet with families that have been given the recent diagnosis of autism for one of their children.  Although there may be some things to be grieved over, there are also so many things to be celebrated.  With all of our children we need to be careful to not miss who they are because of who they aren't.  God has blessed me with many friends over the years with autism and they are loving, gifted and talented people.

No comments:

Post a Comment