Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wheelchair Donation

One of my heroes is Joni Eareckson Tada.  Her organization, "Joni and Friends," has a ministry called "Wheels For the World" that I love and support.  Her organization collects wheelchairs from all over the United States, sends them to prisons to be refurbished, and then redistributes them to people in need all over the world.  The recipients are loved on, cared for, and fitted by a physical therapist to a wheelchair that is appropriate for them.  There is nothing like giving someone the gift of mobility!

I often have people ask me how to donate a wheelchair that is no longer being used.  Below is a link for "Wheels For the World."  Through their website you can find a location to donate an unused wheelchair.  My students and I raise money for "Wheels For The World" every year.  It is a worthy and trustworthy organization making a huge difference in people's lives, both physically and spiritually.

http://www.joniandfriends.org/blog/unused-wheelchair/

If you have a wheelchair to donate, please contact them.  They will appreciate your contribution!

Blessings-
Deana

No comments:

Post a Comment