Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Changing Ourselves, Changing Our World

     The school year is coming to a close.  I am really going to miss my little mentors.  I have learned so much from them this year.
     There are so many wonderful memories from this year but I have to say there is one experience that will stay with me for a long time.  At the beginning of the year we started talking about our strengths and weaknesses.  The kids gradually shared, one-by-one, what their personal struggles are.  We vowed to pray for each other and encourage each other as we went through the year.  One of the kids overcame his fear of performing on stage and did a fabulous job during the graduation program.  Other children overcame their challenge of not being able to ride a two-wheel bike and many of the children shared they wanted to be able to read and now they are!  I feel blessed to be able to watch the kids grow and overcome challenges.  God has really worked through them.
     Joni and Friends highlighted the kids as, "The Little Class That Could."  They could and they did!
Congratulations, Bridge class!  You have helped change the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment