Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Kindred Spirits

Today has been a day of interesting conversations.  Don't get me wrong I love talking to my incredibly supportive husband but men just don't know how to pour their hearts out like women do.  We can tell our life story, laugh, cry and joke around all in the span of an hour!

Today I had lengthy conversations with women in their 40's, 50's and 70's.  All of them are experiencing their own kind of pain and all of them are trying to figure out their place in this life, what God's plans for them are, what their next step is and sometimes, how to even take a step.  In the midst of these conversations there are two things I realized.  First of all, we will continue to have crossroads in our lives.  We won't just be trying to find ourselves in our 20's.  It will happen at different stages of our lives, throughout our lives.  Secondly, we need kindred spirits.

In the crossroads, for me at least, I like to think I am in control of when they will happen and the choices I will have.  All you have to do is talk to a few people that have lost a spouse and you will know that is not true.  We may have our life very planned out and suddenly our road comes to an abrupt stop and we have to make a choice on which way we will go.  

No matter what our struggle is, we all need kindred spirits.  Someone that can step into our journey and offer support and even more importantly, understanding.  Many times God has reminded me of a friend that has been in a similar situation and I have reached out to them for advice but often times he sends me a complete stranger.  Sometimes that person can be much younger and sometimes much older than ourselves, but the beautiful part is that God placed them there for us.  

Do you need a kindred spirit today?  Do you need someone that can identify with your struggles and be understanding?  Look closely today.  You never know who God has prepared for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment