Friday, April 21, 2017

Emotional Pile-up

Wow... it is a rather emotional day.  It is my first day completely alone in a long time.  I woke up with great ambition to get caught up on my life:  laundry, filing, paying bills, straightening up, running errands.  Not only had the laundry and paperwork piled up, but so had the emotions.

Sunday was a beautiful day.  My sweet daughter got married out on a farm where there is no pretense, only love.  God provided the decor.  Just as Jesus' birth was surrounded by animals, their lovely wedding was too.  The horse, the donkey, and all of the goats and chickens seemed to join in the fun.

My mom was on the verge of being hospitalized but we didn't quite know it.  She was doing what she loves the most in life during the wedding: being with family, sharing her faith in Christ, and joining two people in holy matrimony.  She went to the hospital two days later, but with a smile on her face.  She was able to be there for her granddaughter and is now recovering well.

I loved watching my sweet grandchildren take part in the ceremony and run and play afterwards among the goats.  They have been such an incredible blessing in my life.

When you watch your children get married, you tend to reminisce about your own wedding.  Bill and I married 31 years ago and it was beautiful.  My sweet granddaughter gently reminded Bill and I that we need to step up our game, however.  She said we need to kiss more, color together, and play a few video games. So I will try to fill the echoing sounds of an empty house with more joy and laughter so the next 31 years are just as fun.

Tomorrow I will get back to dreaming and looking for God's direction, but today I am going to thank God for every moment of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment