Saturday, October 7, 2017

Congratulations, Shelly!

It was exciting to have our 30,000th visitor on our blog.  
It was interesting to read the results of our survey.  
And it was FUN to draw our winner, Shelly Corbin, and congratulate her over a cup of coffee.


I had actually met Shelly Corbin a couple of times and from what people have shared with me, she is the kind of person everyone wants to be friends with.  She loves the Lord, she loves people, and she is a whole lot of fun!

Shelly and I met for coffee last week so I could give her the prizes she had won, our book Grace Without Margins and the opportunity to take each of our courses as they are released. I told her about  the resources available to her through Grace Without Margins.  After that, I wanted to hear her story.

For years I had the privilege of teaching five and six-year-olds how to read.  When it all comes together for them and they realize the new world that has opened up for them by knowing how to read, their face is filled with excitement.  That is what I saw in Shelly. 

God has opened up a whole new adventure for Shelly in special needs ministry.  She feels young and ill-equipped, but I think that is the best place to be.  She is full of wonder, is asking questions, and enjoying the journey and that is exciting!  She already has the best qualification, LOVE.  I look forward to checking in with her in a year and hearing all of the stories!

Congratulations, Shelly!  It is going to be an amazing ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment