Saturday, April 26, 2014

Sanctuary: Do You Have One?

Splendor and majesty are before Him, strength and beauty are in His sanctuary.  Psalm 96:6

One thing I would love for all caregivers to have is a sanctuary. Sense almost everyone is caring for someone, I think we all should have a sanctuary.  A sanctuary is a place of refuge and a holy place.
     Over the years I have had a number of sanctuaries.  As a child I remember all of the beautiful sanctuaries I worshipped and learned about God in.  I especially loved the stained glass and wish it were in every church.  I remember the "sanctuary" of being served communion.  There is no greater remembrance of such a great sacrifice.
     I love the sanctuaries found in churches but there are also other sanctuaries that can be found in numerous places.  As a teen, during some difficult years, my sanctuary was found in a dear friend's garden while eating snow peas.  She taught me about God there and she loved me through my insecurities.  As a young adult my sanctuary was in Turkey Creek Canyon in Colorado.  I would drive up there regularly to spend some time with God.  Later in my twenties, I found God in the prayer garden of a sisterhood I stayed in.  That sanctuary was holy and peaceful and even though I wrestled with God for control, I knew He loved me...deeply.
     When we lived in the Houston area, it was a little harder to find my beloved sanctuary but I finally did on a bench overlooking Nassau Bay.  I especially loved the light house!  Since I have been in Texas I have looked for my sanctuary.  I often find "sanctuary" in a field of wildflowers. 
     About a year ago my sister-in-law made a sanctuary for herself and I loved it!  So I have been working on my own, right outside my back door.  I go there to rest, to read, to pray, and to enjoy beautiful flowers and birds.  It is becoming my place of refuge....my holy place.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for a excellent sharing. I definitely support to your writing. special needs kids Are you want to ensure your child future for special educational then it is high time joined with us . We are ready to help you for any kind of educational needs. Presently our aims for student success by uniting parents, student and school management and all of the care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malia, thank you so much for your comment. I would love to know more about you and your organization. Please feel free to contact me through e-mail. My address is theboggi@aim.com. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome, beautiful sharing.I assume you made certain also.idea special educationsupportsineducation.com is one of the furthermost website in the world IEP educational place. You can get masses of educational scrutinize for your child in this site. We involve built a shining arrangement that’s bright to achieve any kind of young person underneath of the life.

    ReplyDelete