Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Growth Opportunities

I have been looking forward to today for months now!  I will be catching a flight to Denver tonight, my home away from home.  

On Thursday I will be meeting with Gilbert Kubwimana, founder of Love With Actions.  Gilbert has a deep love and compassion for people.  He has started a non-profit in Rwanda to minister to the hurting and in need of support.  We will spend Thursday learning and growing from one another regarding our passion to encourage and support people affected by disabilities.  We will be joined by a mutual mentor, Sally Stuart.  I look forward to sharing with you what I learn from our day of sharing about our ministries and mutual faith.

The rest of my time in Denver will be spent connecting with churches and teachers.  I will be leading a group of parents, church volunteers and teachers through a four-hour workshop on the theology of disability, how to start a disability ministry, classroom management and teaching tips, as well as intentional teaching for the classroom.

In the evenings I will be able to spend time with my brother and sister-in-law who have been instrumental in my understanding of people from a variety of backgrounds.  They have been, and continue to be, an inspiration.

I covet your prayers for safe travel and for a heart that responds to the growth available to me.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment