Saturday, November 25, 2017

Women Encouraging Women


I had so many great experiences during my five days in Denver last week.  I had to dedicate one blog post to the amazing Denver women that I treasure.  Women need each other and I am so grateful for the women God has blessed me with over the years.

For a moment it felt unspiritual to take a picture of Sally while she was reading scripture to me, yet there is nothing holier than having your spiritual mentor start your time together with scripture and prayer.  I feel privileged and blessed to have a woman in my life that invests in me and sharpens me in my faith.  My hope is to be this woman to someone else.  Sally was instrumental in starting my walk with the Lord forty years ago and is now partnering with me in supporting children affected by disability.



Last week I was also blessed to have time with another great lady.  Ann and I met about 30 years ago in a LaMaze class.  We delivered our firstborn children across the hall from one another.  Three years later we encouraged each other over the phone as we delivered our second children on the same day.  Unfortunately we haven't lived in the same state for the last 28 years, but God has kept our hearts close.  We have walked through some tough times together, but we always know we are just a phone call away.



I met Joanie when I was a teenager.  She loved and supported me as a teenager and young woman.  She also encouraged me as a young wife and mother.  I never realized the inspiration she would eventually give me as a teacher.  I loved her creativity and commitment to children and the development of a love for learning.  She has been one of my mom's best friends for years, but I claim her as one of my best friends as well.



God also gave me a special time with a sister-in-law that I am grateful to have as another spiritual friend in my life.  I always think of my time with Theresa as visiting a spa.  I always feel refreshed, cared for, and renewed after seeing her.     She chose her life calling of counseling well.  Anyone that has some time with her has truly been given a gift!



I am grateful for the time I had with men that have impacted my faith over the years, but I had to mention these amazing women.  Thank you for spurring me on, ladies!


No comments:

Post a Comment