Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Love With Actions

Last week I have the opportunity and blessing to spend the day with one of my spiritual mentors, Sally Stuart, and one of my new brothers in Christ and ministry, Gilbert Kubwimana.  Gilbert is visiting a variety of people and churches in the United States to learn more about special needs ministry and share his vision for Love With Actions.

Sally started our time together in prayer and by sharing Psalm 146 and she was a great interpreter for both cultures.

Psalm 146
1 Praise the Lord.[a]
Praise the Lord, my soul.
2 I will praise the Lord all my life;
    I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
3 Do not put your trust in princes,
    in human beings, who cannot save.
4 When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
    on that very day their plans come to nothing.
5 Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob,
    whose hope is in the Lord their God.
6 He is the Maker of heaven and earth,
    the sea, and everything in them—
    he remains faithful forever.
7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed
    and gives food to the hungry.
The Lord sets prisoners free,
8     the Lord gives sight to the blind,
the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down,
    the Lord loves the righteous.
9 The Lord watches over the foreigner
    and sustains the fatherless and the widow,
    but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.
10 The Lord reigns forever,
    your God, O Zion, for all generations.
Praise the Lord.

Gilbert resides in Rwanda and felt called to start the non-profit, Love With Actions, as a result of learning about families affected by disabilities.  He not only was moved with compassion, but quickly responded with actions.  I was very moved by Gilbert's story and his commitment to make a difference.  The stories, photographs, and videos he shared have been very inspirational.  I encourage you to go to his website and learn about his ministry.

Love With Actions
@lovewithactions.org

I enjoyed sharing my heart with Gilbert and everything Bill and I have learned over the last twenty years.  It is definitely true that God doesn't call the equipped but he equips the called.  It has been such a walk of faith.  We are grateful for the people that have walked alongside us.



No comments:

Post a Comment