Monday, January 1, 2018

I Love January 1!

I love January 1.  To be honest,  however,  I woke up a little overwhelmed by it.  I have a few personal goals from last year to carry over to this year.  I want to support every member of my family in reaching their goals and I have numerous goals I would like to see accomplished for Grace Without Margins, LLC.  After 35 years together, my husband knows me well.  He helped me to slow down the train a little, talk about the possibilities, and give me the time to put a plan on paper so that my mind is no longer overcrowded.

As much as I would like to be in a cozy little cabin on top of a mountain in Colorado to dream and make plans, my warm kitchen with homemade cookies on the counter and my computer on my big round table will do.  There will be four main goals for Grace Without Margins, LLC this year:

1.  Provide at least four courses this year on Aging Parents and Loss:  The Effects Of Acquired Disabilities In Aging.  Two of them will be held in Austin, Texas and two will be held in Denver, Colorado.

2.  Complete the writing, editing and publishing of My Castle Is A Classroom.  This book will include training on how to teach children about children with disabilities and how they can be a supportive friend.

3.  The completion of video presentation and course on Teaching Kids About Kids.  This course will include interviews of alumni students who have been through a month long unit and fundraiser supporting children with disabilities.

4.  Develop and implement a series of courses for in-service training for teachers on disability and inclusion in the classroom.

5.  Add a course on communication strategies for the hearing impaired and their loved ones.

Years ago this list would have overwhelmed me, but now it excites me.  It excites me because I know how important the issues and conversations are.  It excites me because children are readily available to love and include people of all abilities, they just want their questions answered.  Lastly, it excites me because I know God makes it possible.

I appreciate all of you that read this blog and have played a part in the development of Grace Without Margins, LLC.  You are an invaluable part of the vision.

Watch for new resources as they are released.  We will be offering, Aging Parents and Loss,
January 27, 2018.  Details will be released soon.  

The resources we currently have released:

Grace Without Margins (Second Edition)

Disability Education and Training

Grace Without Margins Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment