Wednesday, April 17, 2013

"Considering the result of their conduct, imitate their faith." Hebrews 13:7

     One of my favorite verses in the Bible is found in Hebrews 13:7.  It says,

Remember those who led you, who spoke the word of God to you; and considering the result of their conduct, imitate their faith.

     I usually use this verse in reference to the rich heritage I have from my christian ancestors.  I am so grateful for the spiritual truths and examples they imparted to me.  Joni Eareckson Tada has done that for me as well, since I was a teenager.  The story of her diving accident and resulting quadriplegia left a huge impression on me.  I learned so much about God's Word and His truth through her testimony.
     I just started reading Joni and Ken by Ken and Joni Eareckson Tada.  In the book they openly and honestly share the trials and challenges they have gone through in life and in marriage.  "The result of their conduct" makes me want to "imitate their faith."  Very few of us have gone through the challenges they have, but we all go through challenges in marriage and relationships.  I highly recommend their book to you.  It is so encouraging and inspiring and shows you that two amazing followers of Christ can be vulnerable and through it show the power of God.
     I am so grateful that Joni and Ken were willing to share their story in hopes of spurring the rest of us on.

No comments:

Post a Comment