Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 16: Take a Chance, Take a Moment, Take a Step of Faith

     Today I wasn't at school and I kept wondering what my students were doing and talking about.  They always have some pretty amazing things to share with me.  Instead, I needed to take a family member to have an iron infusion which took about 7 hours total.  It was hard to leave her while the infusion took place.  I ran a few errands, but found myself thinking about all of the people sitting in the same room with her while their chemotherapy or radiation was being pumped in.  So much of their life and abilities are on the line and I take mine so for granted.
     I always find it interesting that people can't take the step of faith to believe in Christ's love for them, the sacrifices He made, and the forgiveness He offers us.  Yet, we all walk in faith every day.  We have faith that we won't get the diagnosis of cancer.  I have lost 3 grandparents to cancer, as well as my father and my brother.  My grandmother and mother survived cancer.  I know my life could change in an afternoon, but I also walk securely in my faith in Jesus Christ.
     On Sunday our pastor shared the expression, YOLO.  You Only Live Once.  I know I will live more than once, but I do need to live this life to the fullest so I can rejoice that I did when I get to heaven one day.  
     Tomorrow, take a chance.  Encourage someone that is challenged with a disability or disease.  Take a moment to thank God for your health and take a step of faith and accept Christ's great love for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment