Friday, April 12, 2013

The Grand Finale! WOW!

     It was a wonderful evening of celebration!  WOW!  We came together tonight with family and friends to celebrate God's goodness and the hard work of some amazing boys and girls!  I love you guys and thank God for everything you have done!
     Thank you for all of the hard work you did and the sacrifices you made to raise money for "Wheels for the World" so that a child will be able to go outside and play, be able to go to school and church, and hear about the love of Jesus.
     Thank you....

  • Andrew, for collecting baked goods and selling them.  Thank you for putting on a play to raise money as well.  I would love to have seen the play!
  • Arden, thank you for selling baked goods and for writing and illustrating a precious book.  I will cherish it forever!
  • Ava, thank you for making the heart shaped crayons and selling them.  It makes me want to color!
  • Ava,  thank you for making and selling the pictures to show love to someone else.
  • Blake, thank you for sharing your artistic talents to raise money and for adding the extra touch of giving a lollipop with every purchase.
  • Brady, thank you for the muffins you sold.  They got me through til breakfast!
  • Claire, thank you for the baked goods and the great artwork on the magnets you made.  They were a hit!
  • Isaiah, thank you for those Rice Krispie treats you made and sold (I bought quite a few!)
  • Jack, the coffee from Starbucks was a very welcome addition to our market, as well as the juice and muffins!  A big thank you to all of your family for adding so generously to the funds!
  • Karen, I think every three and four year-old at FFP thanks you for the goldfish at the end of the day!
  • Samuel, you are quite a salesman!  Thank you for the personalized tour of your home at the garage sale!
  • Savannah, your cards and pencils were created and sold with love.  Thank you!
  • Thomas, you truly have sweat equity in the money you raised.  Thank you for cleaning pools, houses, and yards to help out our friends in need.
  • Tripp, thank you for all of the golf ball hunts you went on to sell and raise money to get another wheelchair.  Awesome!
  • Will, thank you for the cupcakes that were almost too pretty to eat!  Also, please thank your family for their generous contribution!
  • Carol, my sister-in-law, thank you for the hours and resources you put into making bookmarks to sell.  You have been so supportive!
  • Kim, thank you for helping with all of the projects and then bringing in another wheelchair to finish it off.  You are priceless!
I want to mention a special thanks to Jabe Cochren and his mother Christie, our guest speaker tonight.  Jabe is an inspiration to all of us.  He was born with spina-bifida and continually amazes me with his faith and determination.

I want to thank Kay and Gail from the Joni and Friends staff in San Antonio for joining us tonight, inspiring us and giving the kids wonderful gifts of appreciation.

I want to thank the parents, Tabitha, Susan, Meg, Tiffany, and Angela that provided the cake, decorations, and balloons for tonight.

Bill, thank you for always helping me, no matter what event is going on.  You truly are a servant leader!  I love you so much.

Steffani, thank you for casting the dream for First Foundation, for serving alongside me, and for loving on so many precious children.

And God, well you never cease to amaze.  Thank you for everything you teach me through children and for holding my hand every step of this journey we are on.

And did I mention....those fabulous children in the Bridge Class raised $2,550 for 17 wheelchairs!!!
Thank you for all of the sacrifices you have made!  I love you guys so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment