Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day 15: Trusting God

     Today we had one of my heroes and dear friends come visit our classroom as a "powerful person."  She is letting God show His power through her challenge.  She is one of our teachers and was in a tragic car accident last fall.  I am so grateful that her life was spared, but she has had some challenges that have altered her life in many ways.  Stephanie, however, has shown her trust in God over and over again.
     When Stephanie came to our class she shared a little bit about the accident, but quickly moved to sharing about the damage done to her eye during the impact.  I can't fully explain the challenges she has faced, but dizziness, double vision, lack of balance, and challenges in the ability to read are a few of them.  She had to face the fears of "What if this never gets better?" and "What if this permanently alters my life?"
     BUT Stephanie is a tremendous woman of faith.  She trusts God with every ounce of her being.  She's honest about her fears, but more than willing to let God use any circumstances He needs to bring glory to Himself.  I am proud of Stephanie and her willingness to walk any road God asks of her.
     Stephanie also shared a sad moment when a child looked at her with her eye patch on and laughed at her.  Even though the experience was hard for her she decided to invest in the little boy's life by sharing that it hurt her feelings and why.  She cared enough for him to understand that we need to encourage those with a disability and never make fun of their situation.  I would imagine that made an impact on the little boy, one that he won't forget very soon.
     We never know what challenge may come our way in a matter of moments.  My hope is that my students will remember the lessons that Stephanie shared with them.  I also hope they will remember the hope and faith she lives by. 
     Thank you for sharing your heart and your faith with us, Stephanie.  My prayer is that God's healing will come soon if that is His plan for you, but mostly I pray, that God's goodness and love will be evident to those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment