Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Blessing of Down Syndrome

My heart is coming out on paper soon in a book called, Grace Without Margins.  In the book I refer to a young man as having the blessing of Down Syndrome.  Before I sent it back to the publisher for printing I asked a friend of mine, who has a daughter with Down Syndrome, if anyone would be bothered by my use of the word, "blessing."  I asked if people would understand.  She said it was fine and in fact, she had said it in her post earlier that day.

The friends of mine with Down Syndrome are amazing people.  One of them is a great swimmer, one is the friendliest and hardest working employee at HEB, and one is a virtual friend who is changing the world, one hug at a time!

I have attached a video that beautifully displays the "True Colors" of a person and the love we need to extend to one another.  The blessing of Down Syndrome is the ability to love, to hug, to come to God as a child, and the ability to show one's true colors with openness and honesty.

Cyndi Lauper - True Colors (MattyBRaps Cover ft Olivia Kay)


Blessings-
Deana

No comments:

Post a Comment