Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Confessions of a Caregiver

For someone that said they would never be a nurse,
        I have done a lot of things I never thought I would.

1.  I have pulled a child's tooth out (and it was not one of my own kids).
2.  I have been willing to give an enema (if I absolutely had to in order to
     save someone's life)
3.  I have helped more people pee than I ever thought I would.
4.  I have seen more nakedness that I ever wanted to.
5.  I have "caught" throw up more than I care to admit.
6.  I have cleaned up things I never thought I would.
7.  I have touched flesh and blood (after the infamous table saw incident)
8.  I have been with a loved one as they visited heaven.
9.  And I have been with two loved ones as they entered the gates of heaven.

As a caregiver that is probably, well, one typical resume.  When you let go and let God lead, you can do all kinds of things you never thought you would but the blessing is incredible.  I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment