Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Grace Without Margins: Chapter Twenty-One

Moving Outward


I have been serving in ministry for a lot of years now.  I feel more comfortable saying I started serving in ministry 30+ years ago but in some ways it is even longer.  I first starting teaching a Sunday school class when I was 14 which is almost 40 years ago.  But you know what?  I feel like I am just getting started.  There is so much to learn and so much to get excited about.  The journey is for a lifetime.

When God blesses us with a ministry to serve in, it is the most rewarding when we hold on loosely.  God make take us on many twists and turns along the way and we don't want to miss any of it.  Sometimes the ministry may be at its peak when God calls us out to do something else or to take a next step.  Sometimes it may be at its lowest when God reveals a new plan.

What I have learned along the way is to keep my eyes on God for direction.  It is a daily walk of faith.  We never know what God wants to teach us along the way.  It is probably something we never suspected.  

So enjoy the ride.  Keep seeking God's direction on a daily basis.  Journal the lessons He shares with you and give thanks along the way.
  • Where is God directing you in ministry right now?
  • Are you willing to change course if God wants you to?
  • What is your next step in ministry?
  • Are you trusting God with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment