Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Butterfly Effect Continues

     This morning when I arrived at school I was still flying high form the celebration yesterday.  The change in all of us is hard to explain, all I can do is smile about it.  One of my moms came in and told me that she cried through the whole party, all afternoon and tried to tell her mom about it and she just cried.  I was too excited about it to cry....until this afternoon.
     When I gathered the kids for "Circle Time" I told them we would do the calendar and all of the other things we do to start the day but then we would watch our last DVD clip from Joni.  One of the boys looked at me with the sweetest face, then his eyes started to turn red, then little tears started to form and he said, "Please don't let this be the last time we see Joni.  Please?"  All of the other kids started saying, "We don't want to leave Joni."
     I played the clip and they all said they wanted to see her every day.  They wanted to know if I had more clips to show them.  I told them they could go online and see them but they all insisted they watch them together.  Joni, they all love you so much!
     I am so grateful for all of the sacrifices the kids and parents have made but absolutely want to communicate that it is all because of God.  God initiated it, God had the plan, God multiplied the results and God is honored.
     When I came home last night I was so excited about all that I had witnessed firsthand, but this afternoon, I cried.  My poor daughter, I couldn't stop crying.  I think it is from all the emotion of this month.  I am so thankful for God.

2 comments:

  1. OH, my dear friend...who would have thought?? This story is awesome and so are you!! I am crying tears of joy right now!! This is incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kim. It reminds me of how much God blessed my life by putting you in it! Who would have thought...two ladies from two different states coming together for a few days in Colorado would become such great friends. I love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete