Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Butterfly Effect Day 17

     Explaining intellectual and mental challenges is harder for me.  I want to communicate the challenges for those kids with challenges, but never loose any of the beauty of their personalities.  We spent a lot of time talking about tips on how to be a good friend.

  • We should never discourage, but always encourage.
  • We should never call someone a name that is hurtful.
  • We should always be patient and not speak for someone else that just needs some time.
These are such great tips for all of us for every person.  Today I found this verse from Job 16:5,

"But my mouth would encourage you; comfort from my lips would bring you relief."

It is a significant time of year for my class, because they are all learning how to read right now.  Some of the kids have taken off and are reading quite well, and for some of them, the "light bulb" has not gone off yet.  As I talked about their journey to reading, it was an analogy they could all understand.  As  a class we have learned to cheer each other on and rejoice every time a child is able to read a new word or sentence.  They have learned to give each other a "high five" or "Good job!"  They understand what encouragement, comfort, and relief can do for a soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment