Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Teacher's Perspective

As a grandmother I am continually amazed by how much my two year-old grandchildren absorb, think about, and apply to their lives.  I think when you are a mother you are so busy taking care of everything that you don't notice the details, but as a grandmother I notice so much more.  They are amazing people with often more insight than adults have.  It is truly no wonder that God said in His Word that we must come to him with the faith of a child.

As a teacher, I marvel at the same thing.  I teach a class of five year-old children which from a distance are little kids, but how I wish you could have experienced this last month with me.  They continually shared stories of people they encountered with disabilities and what they could use to help them or the amazing things they were doing in their lives or talked about their friend with such compassion and empathy.  They worked so hard and continually sacrificed.  It didn't matter how much money they had earned, as soon as they had tooth fairy money they brought it in.

They have taught me to not be surprised by what God does.  Of course, He is going to provide BIG!  They have taught me to not sacrifice a little, but EVERYTHING.  They have also taught me to find JOY in every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment