Friday, March 23, 2012

The Butterfly Effect - Day 10

     Well, this old lady is wonderfully and blissfully tired!  I feel every day of 50 today but my heart couldn't be more excited!  Today we again had a factory of butterflies going.   Moms, kids, teachers, aides, front desk people and the Director of the school were all working on butterflies.  During Bible study this morning, a group of teachers all helped bend 600 pairs of butterfly antennae.  Not only were the kids blessed, but more adults are participating and being blessed by the process as well!  Thanks to all of their hard work, there are 700 butterflies down the hallway of the school.  We have about 500 more to make with three more events ahead of us.
     Today I was struck by how much the kids have matured through this.  They were so polite and all were anxious to help each other and help me today.  They have always been sweet kids but they have really grown through this.  I have grown through this.  I am grateful that God gave me the promptings to make this bigger this year and I followed through on what I felt He was telling me to do, but the sad thing is that I underestimated God.  It is hitting me that I do that far more often than I would like to admit.  How many things have I missed because I wasn't listening or watching?  My faith has grown over the last couple of weeks as well as my sense of expectation.
     Today I read another book to the kids by Andy Andrews, The Boy Who Changed the World.  It is a great book for kids, but sure makes an adult think as well.  In his beautiful book he talks about how a person has changed the world but then you step back and realize that someone before him did something to change the world and that was the only way the next person could have done it.  For example, family and friends have given money for "Wheels for the World" because they heard about it.  They wouldn't have if the kids hadn't done their projects and fundraisers.  The kids couldn't have done what they did unless the parents had supported them in their ideas.  The parents wouldn't have known to unless I shared the vision with them.  I wouldn't have had the vision if it hadn't been for God.  I wouldn't have understood it unless Andy Andrews wrote The Butterfly Effect.  He, no doubt, had something happen to cause him to write it. It goes on and on.....

     "That means every little thing You do matters:  what you did yesterday, what you do today, and what you do tomorrow.  God made your life so important that every move you make, every action you take, matters....and not only for you or the people around you.  Everything you do matters for everyone and for all time!  When you think about it like that...WOW!  That means YOU can be the kid who changes the world!"  by Andy Andrews

     That certainly gives me something to think about this weekend :)  I know for me, I have been thinking about being 50.  I am in at least in the 3rd quarter of the game.  What will God ask me to do to make a difference?  Am I listening?  Am I watching?  Am I expecting?

No comments:

Post a Comment