Friday, March 8, 2013

Day 4: Pictures and Lollipops

     One of my students proudly brought in a ziplock bag with cash and paper butterflies mixed together.  He was so excited to tell me about the money and how he had earned it.  I have to say the creative marketer has emerged in our classroom :)  He colored pictures and sold them for a dollar and for their purchase, he gave them a lollipop for free!  I love the way kids think!
     I started off "Circle Time" by reading from On a Roll for Jesus by Joni Eareckson Tada.  She has a quiz about myths regarding people with disabilities.  Some of the myths are that people with disabilities only like to be with other people with disabilities, you can catch a disability from another person and that a person in a wheelchair has to always be in a wheelchair.  I have to say the kids did very well on the quiz.  They probably did better than most adults.
     Later we watched a DVD from Joni's Kids Corner.  She has great lessons on a variety of disabilities.  You can visit Kid's Corner at http://www.joniandfriends.org/kids-corner.  
    We had a great time popping wheelies in the wheelchair as we went to lunch and to recess.  I told the children that tomorrow we will  meet two amazing guests and they can't wait to find out who they are....


No comments:

Post a Comment