Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day 9: How the Ear Works

     I am a little behind on my posts because so much has happened in the last couple of days!  I am so excited for the kids, because they are excited!  The market has gone really well.  The kids sold a variety of muffins, cookies, cupcakes, Rice Krispie treats, goldfish and coffee.  They also sold pictures, notecards, pencils, magnets, used books, and bookmarks.  I have loved watching their personalities emerge through this.  We have a variety of marketers, entrepreneurs, and philanthropists in our class!
     In class today we watched a clip off of You-tube on how the ear works.  I didn't think they would be that interested, but they kept wanting to watch more.  Most of the boys were saying, "Cool!" and the girls were saying, "Oooo gross!'  They all wanted to watch more though and were amazed by how the ear captures sound and processes it.
     I don't know how many wheelchairs they have raised enough money for yet, but the money is pouring in!  I keep picturing a child with a huge smile on their face, because they will be able to go to school, or church, or be out with friends because they finally have a wheelchair.  I am so grateful for all of the hard work the kids have done!

No comments:

Post a Comment