Monday, April 13, 2015

Day Four: Physical Disabilities and Therapies

Today we had a wonderful visit with a physical therapist.  She has visited my classroom for a number of years now.  She is a wonderful partner in teaching kids about disabilities and how to be a great friend.  Unfortunately, I was called out for a family medical problem and couldn't be there but I knew the kids would have a great day learning all about physical therapy.

When I returned the next day the kids were so excited to share about the equipment they had seen:  wheelchairs, "crunches" (crutches), and therapy balls.  They were even able to try them!  They were also excited about the videos they watched of people in wheelchairs playing fast and exciting basketball.  My kids are becoming amazed by all of the things people with disabilities can do rather than focusing on things they cannot do.

Thank you for partnering with me, Melissa.  The kids had a great time with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment