Sunday, April 19, 2015

Day Ten: Giving From The Heart

The Bridge Class has raised over $400 now to help purchase wheelchairs for children around the world that need them.  I love the stories every bag of money represents.  It used to break my heart when they would tell me they emptied their piggy banks or gave their tooth fairy money.  It always gets to me but I know how valuable it is in their lives so it never makes me sad anymore.

We reviewed the signs we have learned and added about 20 more today.  It is exciting to see how easily it comes to them.  We also listened to a powerful composer who became deaf at the age of 30 but continued to write music that he could no longer hear.  The children loved Beethoven and many of them said they had heard his music before (good job, Mom and Dad!)  We will hear from two other musicians on Monday.  They aren't deaf but they are blind.

The highlight of my weekend was to ride my bike to a lemonade stand held by two of my students.  Their enthusiasm was priceless and it was touching to see their entire families involved!  

No comments:

Post a Comment