Monday, March 3, 2014

It's That Time! Bring On The Butterflies!

I am so excited!  It is my favorite time of year again!  I will be taking my students on a wonderful journey that will impact them, me, hopefully you, and some special kids across the world!!

About a week ago I met with the parents of my students to give them some insight into the journey we will be on, "How To Be A Friend To Someone With A Disability."  I showed them Joni Eareckson Tada's testimony and shared the exciting lessons and experiences their children will participate in over the next  month.  We also started brainstorming ideas for our fundraiser for Joni's "Wheels For the World" ministry.  I was grateful for their enthusiasm because enthusiasm is contagious!

Last Friday I had the kids bring in their homework.  It was an "All About Me" poster to share with the class.  They had the opportunity to share some of the personal things about their lives such as their interests, hopes, dreams and families.  They also shared about their strengths and even their challenges.  We celebrated their strengths and gave God applause for the incredible people He had made.  We prayed over our challenges and talked about the powerful ways God can use our challenges to demonstrate His power.  I cannot wait until later in the unit and they see how God has used some incredible people's challenges in powerful ways!

It is going to be an incredible journey and I hope you join us.  I will give you an update every day on what is happening!  I would love for you to comment and share your story with us and any suggestions you may have.  

Blessings,
Deana

No comments:

Post a Comment